Congratulations on your recent move to The Volunteer State! Before you pack up the pickup and hit the Great Smoky Mountains or schedule your tailgate session for the next Titans game, find out what you need to know before you obtain car insurance quotes Tennessee.
Unlike some states, auto insurance is required, at least to an extent, for all Tennessee drivers. Here’s a look at what you need, as well as what you might want to consider.
Required Coverage Levels for Tennessee Drivers
- Bodily injury liability insurance – $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident
- Property damage liability insurance – $15,000 per accident
While the aforementioned coverage levels are required, you may want to consider these additional coverage options when obtaining car insurance quotes Tennessee.
Optional Coverage Options for Tennessee Drivers
- Collision coverage – covers damages to your car that result from an accident
- Comprehensive coverage – covers damage done by something other than an accident, such as hail or defacement
- Uninsured motorist coverage – covers you financially in the event you have an accident with an uninsured driver
- Medical payment coverage – assists you in the event that you need medical care following an accident
- Rental car coverage – gets you back out on the road in the event your car needs repair after an accident
Numerous options exist for new Tennessee drivers in regards to auto insurance. Speak with an insurance professional about your specific situation to determine the best policy for you.